Chinchilla Dental Practice (we call it CDP) is a family owned and operated general dental practice offering a wide variety of comprehensive dental treatments to the members of the Western Downs community since 1951.
“We would love to welcome you to Chinchilla Dental Practice.”
Dr Donald Clarke and wife Lindy, and Dr Gina Irwin and her husband Wesley, own and manage CDP. Donald built the business with his father who established it in 1951. Don joined his dad when he graduated from the University of Queensland Dental School in 1977. Gina graduated from the same dental school in 1999 and joined Donald in 2001, becoming a partner in 2013.
What We Offer
CDP offers modern technology with great country service. We have 5 up-to-date treatment rooms, digital x-rays including OPG, Cerec on-site CAD-CAM technology (which allows same-day crown construction by scanning the prepared tooth) and rotary endodontics.
Our on-site lab is used to:
- Create stone study models from impressions taken in the treatment rooms,
- Mill and glaze Cerec crowns.
- Mould mouthguards.
- Make orthodontic retainers.
- Produce whitening trays.
- Repair dentures.
The treatment rooms have a beautiful view over a lovely green courtyard with rock pools and a miniature waterfall. There are televisions mounted on the ceiling to allow relaxing viewing whilst your treatment is performed. We have the Chinchilla News and a selection of magazines and children’s books to read. We also have available several iPads for games, internet surfing and of course educational purposes!
- Our goal is the help our clients achieve and maintain optimal oral health through caring and professional lifetime relationships.
- To help to help our clients achieve the level of oral aesthetics, comfort and function that they desire. We also aim to build close and effective long-term team relationships where the members of the team have clear and common goals.
- We aim to be committed to constant improvement within the practice both related to dentistry and the delivery of excellent service.
Here at CDP we pride ourselves on our community involvement. We support various activities around town where we can and in the past we have regularly contributed to:
- The Chinchilla Show Art Competition.
- The school Anzac Art Competition 2015.
- The St Joey’s Big Night Out 2015.
We regularly participate in the Melon Fest Parade as well with humorous results. We have a Community LED noticeboard at the front of the practice which can be used by community groups for free advertising of their events.
We love our work at CDP because we feel we provide a necessary service to a high standard and that our clients really appreciate what we do.